The Shire's Environmental Health Service monitors a wide range of activities that have the potential to impact on the living standards and the health of our community.
The Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1911 empowers and places responsibility on local government to administer the Act, its regulations and local laws within the district. This empowerment attracts an accompanying liability to ensure these duties are fulfilled in a professional and reasonable manner.
The Shire's Environmental Health Service can provide advice on:
- Aquatic Facilities and Swimming Pools
- Asbestos Advice
- Bed and Breakfast
- Caravan Parks and Camping
- Disease Control
- Drinking Water Quality
- Effluent Disposal
- Food Businesses
- Free Online Food Safety Training (I'M ALERT)
- Hair Dressing and Body Piercing
- Health Legislation
- Health Application and Plans
- Liquor Licensing and Gaming
- Lodging Houses
- Mosquitoes and Ross River Virus
- Offensive Trades
- Pest Control
- Public Buildings
- Smoking in Enclosed Public Places
- Temporary Food Premises
A copy of the Shire of Nannup's Health Local Laws can be found here.
Please contact the Shire of Nannup's Environmental Health Unit for assistance with information and advice relating to the above topics and more.